The origin of the Moon is still a subject of some scientific debate, but the most accepted theory is that the Moon was formed of the debris from a massive collision with the young Earth about 4.6 billion years ago. The Moon’s gravitational influence upon the Earth is the primary cause of ocean tides. In fact, the Moon has more than twice the effect upon tides than does the Sun. The Moon makes one rotation and completes a revolution around the Earth every 27 days, 7 hours, and 3 minutes. This synchronous rotation is caused by an uneven distribution of mass in the Moon (essentially, it is “heavier” on one side than the other) and has allowed the Earth’s gravity to keep one side of the Moon permanently facing Earth. The Moon has no atmosphere; without an atmosphere, the Moon has nothing to protect it from meteorite impacts, and thus the surface of the Moon is covered with impact craters, both large and small.
- Duration of revolution around the Sun : 27.321661 days
- Duration of one full rotation: 27.321661 days
- Average speed: 3680 km/s
- Inclination of the orbit to the cliptic : 5° 9′
- Apparent diameter: 29′ 2″ to 33′ 3″ of arc
- Mass relative to Earth: 0.012
- Density relative to water : 3.34
- Surface gravity relative to Earth :0.165
- Maximum magnitude : –12.7
- Diameter : 3476.6 km
The speed of Moon : The Moon takes 27.32 days to complete one round of the zodiac. It is the fastest planet, being the satellite and closest to earth’s orbit. It takes approximately 2and half days to transit through one Zodiac sign.
Saturn is the second largest planet in the solar system; only Jupiter is larger. Like Jupi…