Today I will tell you how to create and host a website with GAE for Free. If you have a website or planning for it and your budget is limited.. for example in your name or for your SOHO. You just need to book a domain name (for example from Godaddy, BigRock etc.). And for Hosting with GAE you can just point your domain to GAE by just doing a small changes in your DNS zone file.
Although if you do not want to host it in google cloud you can go for www.freehostia.com chocolate plan which will give you 250 MB Disk space and 1 GB MySQL for free in your account but the issues is you will not get the SMTP services so your contact form will not work. If you do not have a contact form then this is the good choice for the basic hosting. It will gives you email account, but I always prefer go for zoho email. Which is giving 25 Free emails and each user 5 GB of free space.
But here i will show you how to get a free Google hosting with its appspot.com’s cloud deploy.
Google GAE Appspot has some free App Quota and is enough for a SOHO website, so lets see whats it’s offering and when you’ll need a billing upgrade.
Advantages within free Google App Quota
- Its free for 1 to 5 GB bandwidth / Day (Every application gets an amount of each resource for free. Free quotas
can only be exceeded by paid applications, up to the application’s spending limit or the safety
limit, whichever applies first.)
- Your website will be lightning speed faster
- Code & Static Data Storage – First 1 GB Free
- Outgoing Bandwidth (billable, includes HTTPS) 1 GB – 56 MB/minute
- Free Default Resource Limit is 5GB
- API Call – Total Storage (Documents and Indexes) 0.25 GB
- Channel Data Sent – 22 MB/minute
- You have hosted your site in Google
- Gradually you will learn new things
- You can able to host WordPress or HTML or Java sites also
So you have a domain name and you want a free hosting, some time giving free hosting to your esteemed client is a very good value added services.
I have a domain its in Godaddy and Email address in Google. So lets first create a app(here app is your future website).
- Visit Google App Engine and then create an application.
- You need Google App Engine Launcher (download and Install it)
- You need Python So this 2.7.11 version only Windows user Download Here (Install it First)
Please Note: You can try for new GAE App with Python 3+
My Applications in Google
be sure about code formatting, otherwise the code will not work.
application: acuteservice-123 version: 1 runtime: php55 api_version: 1 threadsafe: yes default_expiration: "4d 5h" handlers: - url: /(.*.(gif|png|jpg|ico|js|css|eot|svg|ttf|woff)) static_files: 1 upload: (.*.(gif|png|jpg|ico|js|css|eot|svg|ttf|woff)) - url: /favicon.ico static_files: favicon.ico upload: favicon.ico - url: /robots.txt static_files: robots.txt upload: robots.txt - url: /sitemap.xml static_files: sitemap.xml upload: sitemap.xml # Serve php scripts. - url: /(.+.php)$ script: 1 - url: /.* script: index.php
In parent directory give the website path where your physical files are stored for my case its C:xampphtdocsacuteservice.inacuteservice
Now leave rest as it is and hit create and after that you will redirect to Google for verification and authentication. You may required second time to run this app.
The URL is something like this
As you can see the website is running fine
|1||php55||Apr 3, 2016, 2:35:36 AM by [email protected]|
Give your domain name there and it will generate a DNS code for you, Someting like below
If you have any questions please do comment below and i will try to answer it fast.
Sun : Astronomically the Sun is fixed and it is the planets which are moving round Sun. Bu…