Prep Time: 15 minutes plus soaking
Healing Foods: bulgur, oats, nuts and seeds, persimmons, passion fruit
Ailments It Heals: atherosclerosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, lactose intolerance, neuralgia
- ½ cup bulgur
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup slivered unblanched almonds
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp shelled raw sunflower seeds
- 10 dried apricots, diced
- 10 dried figs, stalks removed, then diced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 green apples, cored and coarsely grated
- 1 large or 2 small persimmons, peeled and diced plus extra for serving
- 1 passion fruit
- Few drops of pure almond essence (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds or blueberries
1. In large bowl, combine bulgur with water and stir to combine. Cover and soak for 30 minutes to soften bulgur. Drain well in sieve and return to bowl.
2. Add oats, apple juice, almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, apricots, figs, sugar, apples, and persimmon. Fold into bulgur.
3. Cut passion fruit in half. Place sieve over bowl of muesli, and spoon passion fruit pulp and seeds into it. Press until juice has gone through sieve and only seeds are left behind. Discard seeds.
4. Add almond essence, if using, and a little more apple juice if needed to make a moist but not sloppy consistency. Keep, tightly covered, in fridge until ready to eat. It can be kept for up to 2 days. To serve, stir muesli well, then top with pomegranate seeds or blueberries, whichever is in season, plus additional persimmon.
Per serving: 369
calories, 8 g
protein, 62 g
carbohydrates, 10 g
fiber, 11 g
total fat, 1 g
saturated fat, 0 mg
cholesterol, 25 mg sodium
The speed of Sun : Astronomically the Sun is fixed and it is the planets which are moving …